It's all about saving and caring for as many as we can. We believe education is the key to ending abuse. PomRescue.com, Inc. a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the state of SC and the IRS 501(c)(3) code public charity. Located in Spartanburg, SC.
PomRescue.com inc
PO Box 14
Roebuck SC 29376

Tuesday, March 30, 2004



As I have been thinking about the Petfest one of the strongest memories I have is of the Special Olympics children, that were in town for the Special Olympic games. One of them was a young man that came up to us and just gently stroked Jack's fur. He never said a word. Just looked at Jack and his eyes filled up with tears as he shook his head and kept stroking the rough orange fur.
I knew what he was feeling and I told him not to be sad for Jack that he was in a wonderful home and would be taken care of forever. However he just sighed, shrugged and walked off, still sorrowful.
I know what that gesture meant too- 'How can man do this to another of God's creatures?' and 'What about all the others left behind?'
I have to admit I write this now with tears in my eyes, pain in my soul and a little old orange fuzzy dog on my lap. Wondering the same thing.
Tracker Jack has paid with his poor old body for his all day ordeal on Sunday. He has had several times when I have had to lift him up to get his rear legs working these last two days. But I am sure if he could talk, he would say that it was worth it.