It's all about saving and caring for as many as we can. We believe education is the key to ending abuse. PomRescue.com, Inc. a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the state of SC and the IRS 501(c)(3) code public charity. Located in Spartanburg, SC.
PomRescue.com inc
PO Box 14
Roebuck SC 29376

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Tracker Jack- the continuing digest of a PuppyMillrescue Chapter 8


He wagged his tail!!!
Tracker Jack stood there and looked at me and there it went back and forth, back and forth, then stopped. I reached down and gently picked him up trying hard not to cry.

This was the first time I had seen this little boy actually wag his tail. I suppose life in a puppy mill doesn't give you much practice at tail wagging.

It is a funny little tail. Almost hairless on one side with dry brittle hair on the end. Poor nutrition and filthy, damp living conditions have taken a toll on his poor little body, including his tail.

I never thought I would get so excited, or much less write about such a simple thing as tail wagging, but then again, I had never had a puppy mill rescue.

We plan to give Tracker Jack plenty to wag his tail about from here on out.

It is snowing and sleeting outside. Here we are all warm and dry safe inside. Yet I can't help but wonder about those that are less fortunate. Whether they be man or animal. I pray God will give them comfort in whatever their conditions are, and I thank Him for the comfort we feel.

No comments: