It's all about saving and caring for as many as we can. We believe education is the key to ending abuse. PomRescue.com, Inc. a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the state of SC and the IRS 501(c)(3) code public charity. Located in Spartanburg, SC.
PomRescue.com inc
PO Box 14
Roebuck SC 29376

Saturday, January 31, 2004



Tracker Jack- the continuing digest

My sister came to visit me and met Tracker Jack today for the first time. He has been with us three weeks today.
He ran behind a wall when he saw her come in. Then I picked him up - and he would not look her in the eyes, trembling with fear.
I held him close as he relaxed and then I showed her the scarring of the hand print on his back, his dead toe nails, sparse dry hair, the black skin from the fungus on his feet and his ears.
I told her the story that the dog rescuers had told me of the puppy mill; the dark building, filthy, stinking boxes, full of dogs, standing in their own waste, all begging to be taken.
Then I told her that I was thankful for Tracker Jack's condition, as the rescuers had chosen the weaker sick looking ones, in hopes that they could save them, and possibly keep them from being thrown in the big green metal container.
Jack just looked at us as we talked, with that sweet, all knowing expression. His little cute tongue sticking out as always. He is alive. He made it. He has made it through his surgery. He has made it HOME.
We have to do more to see to it that more get out. That more of the puppy mill dogs get home where they are safe and loved.